Friends of MCH,
Since 1890, Methodist Children’s Home (MCH) has brought many Methodist individuals and congregations together to care for children, youth and families. We are proud of our Wesleyan heritage and the positive difference our Methodist connections have made in this ministry. This collective care and support over the years has helped MCH transform countless lives and become a national leader in serving children, youth and families. We are extremely grateful.
MCH is closely following current events within the United Methodist Church (UMC), as well as with the newly formed Global Methodist Church (GMC) and other emerging Methodist organizations. In light of these developments and in an effort to minimize confusion for existing and future supporters, I believe it is important and necessary to clarify the following:
• MCH is an independent 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization.
• MCH is governed by its own Board of Directors and bylaws, not any other entity.
• MCH welcomes individuals affiliated with UMC, GMC and other Christian faith organizations to serve on its Board of Directors.
• MCH is not an apportioned ministry of the UMC; we have been supported by “freewill offerings” from congregations and individual donations for decades.
• MCH invites connections and financial gifts from congregations and individuals of the UMC, GMC and other Christian faith organizations who are moved to support our mission.
As MCH enters its 133rd year of ministry, we see an ever-growing need for the care we offer throughout our ministry locations. We also see continued opportunities for others to come together on behalf of our meaningful cause. We remain committed to our mission “to equip children, youth and families to flourish by offering hope through Christ-centered relationships, services and support.” We appreciate you and look forward to you joining MCH in God’s Kingdom work.
President and CEO
Methodist Children’s Home