Your Savings, Your Legacy: Use your individual retirement account (IRA) to support MCH!
You have saved and saved, now use your savings to create your legacy. You can support MCH through your year-end IRA Distribution!
- Avoid taxes on transfers up to $100,000 ($200,000 for married couples) from your IRA to support our cause.
- Satisfy some or all of your required minimum distribution for the year.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts.
- Use your rollover to make payments on an existing pledge to us.
For specific guidelines for qualified charitable distributions, talk to your tax professional or account administrator. Ready to talk now? Contact Lyle Mason, vice president for development at (800)-853-1272 or LMason@MCH.org.
Gift annuity program
A charitable gift annuity provides a way to benefit future generations while also increasing your income and decreasing your tax bill. Our charitable gift annuity program was created as a service to our many friends who have expressed a desire to make a gift of significance, while still retaining income from the gift property during their lives. A charitable gift annuity is a contract in which you exchange a gift of cash or securities for a guaranteed, fixed income each year for the rest of your life.
Your gift annuity offers five distinct advantages:
- Income for Life: Attractive payout rates for one or two lives.
- Tax Deduction Savings: A large part of what you transfer is a deductible charitable gift.
- Tax-Free Income: A large part of your annual payment is tax-free return of principal.
- Capital Gains Tax Savings: When you contribute securities for a gift annuity, you minimize any taxes on your “paper profit”.
- Personal Satisfaction: From making a gift of lasting significance.
Payments are made quarterly; one-life or two-life annuities; cash or securities to fund your gift. Cash gifts allow maximum tax-free income; gifts of securities allow you to minimize capital gains taxes. Methodist Children’s Home Board policy states that an individual wanting to participate in the gift annuity program must be at least 55 years of age and make a minimum donation of $5,000. MCH does not accept real estate or property to fund a gift annuity.